Search

Oxford Park Update

Oxford Park...it's what I've decided to call my new home.  Our home plan is called the Oxford, and we're lucky to have our home on a large grassy park = Oxford Park.  Plus, it sounds like something out of a Jane Austin novel, and I'm totally okay with that!


I'm so happy to have an actual entry to our home instead of walking straight into the living room as we did before.  Here, you see my very first purchase for the new house: A fab new runner from RugsUSA!  Loooove it!

Still on the lookout for an entry table that's not too deep (about 12") and I'm really liking the simplicity of this one by Jonathan Adler...

via


Our Great Room is full of windows that overlook the park to the south.




We are still using the furniture from our old place but someday I hope to have new sofas like this...


via


I scored the large teal pillows from Target on clearance for $15!




I love the high ceiling (about 19') and wall of windows.  We moved the fireplace to the interior wall just so we could keep the gorgeous view.



Yes, that's a mirror in front off the fireplace.  My little cutie, Ryker, is slightly obsessed with the fireplace, and since there's no screen on it yet, he gets to play with the baby in the mirror instead of the gas line.  Genius, I know...

We're hoping to add some molding and tile the fireplace before Christmas with something like this...

via

I love our new kitchen, too!  We didn't like the builder grade pendant light selection, so I ordered capiz shell pendant lights and a dining room chandelier to match that looks both a bit oceanside and glamorous.  Both are from Home Depot.




More pictures to come!

Since these photos were taken a few weeks ago, Hubby and I (mostly Hubby) have managed to hang draperies in the Great Room and our first piece of art (in the Foyer)!  Oh yeah, we're moving right along now.  Haha!

Next up, I'm painting ChloĆ«'s loft bed white (it's currently natural pine) and have a list a mile and a half long of furniture makeovers and Christmas decorating to do!  'Tis the season!