Search

Mani Monday - Midnight Blue and Blue Ave



Feeling a bit dark and stormy with this one!  Tried my hand at my first matte mani - I know!  I can't believe I haven't tried it yet, but I can't help but love my manis super shiny.  Here's what I used:




Hard Candy Matte-ly In Love, Rimmel Midnight Blue, and NYX Blue Ave.



Two coats of Midnight Blue were applied first - this is a very dark navy blue with turquoise and purple shimmer.  The picture actually looks lighter than the polish does in person.



Then 1-2 coats of Blue Ave. was used for the gorgeous flaky effect.  When glossy, the flakes are a light turquoise and pinky coral, but that all changed when a matte topcoat was applied!



Matte-ly In Love brought out the rusty orange, gold, green, and turquoise undertones in all the flaky goodness.  So pretty!

On the second day of this mani (pictured) I added LA Colors Color Craze polish to the tips for some extra sparkle.  Sorry, I don't remember the name and I searched my whole stash for the bottle with no luck.  Weird.  The polish is a clear base with large and small silver glitters.

I think I liked the mani best before adding the silvery sparkle tips, but was definitely fun anyway!

*

Q:  Have you tried the matte effect manicure?  Do you like matte or shiny best?  Do you think my Color Craze polish is with all my missing socks?