Search

Coral: An Out-of-Water Experience


How long have you searched for a decorative piece of coral?  How many clams did you have to shell out to get your hands on it (Get it?  Coral...clams..."shell out" - hahahaha...ha)?

I've been searching for the ever elusive fake coral paperweight for about a year.  No luck - at least no where near my price range.  What's a crafty girl to do?  Spray paint something, of course!

Exhibit A:


A totally craft-worthy piece of plaster-like coral from PetCo.  Yay!

But, do you know how difficult it is to find a piece of coral at a pet store?  Way more difficult than I thought it would be!

Mostly, I was met with more fantastical pieces like this dude:





And this poor treasure-seeking fellow:



Yeah.  Not so much.

Back to Exhibit A:



 For only about $7 and a few coats of glossy white spray paint, I now have this lovely:




I might do a few more coats, but I was so excited I just couldn't wait any longer to display.  You likey?

*

Q:  What's the strangest, most unlikely thing you've made-over?  Thoughts on gold digging skeletons?

P.S.  Don't you love the yellow and white framed art?  I created it last year using a photo of my hubby and daughter at the beach = ♥