Search

Small Spaces - BIG Ideas

Some people may have a love/hate relationship with Ikea, but there's no denying the ingenuity and creative solutions behind their design.

This 3 minute video from Ikea is labeled "Small Spaces - Small Ideas", but to me, these are enormous! I won't lie - I may have almost...almost...got a tiny bit teary-eyed watching this video. Sounds ridiculous, I know, but there are few things more moving to me than brilliant creativity that inspires, and especially as a design student (and renter of a small townhome), this just speaks to me.

Take a gander...





Wasn't that fun? You may have heard that old saying about building up when you can't build out..? This video shows an amazing use of space and really inspired me to take a look around my home and figure out how to make better use of my strange alcoves and vaulted ceilings. Did it inspire you to get creative with your storage solutions?

{video via Ikea.com}