Search

{ Fabulously Frugal Finds }

Wahoo! Ever had a really great thrifting day? Sometimes you walk around, nothing inspiring you. Besides, who needs another cloche? Okay, fine, I'd buy it, too. Don't pretend you wouldn't! But then there are days when you find something fun; something in great condition; or maybe something with loads of potential. I love those days!

This week I found a few things I'm excited about. They're not particularly unusual or in need of a crazy makeover, but I was smiling all the way out of the store.


First up, check out this pretty glazed urn I found for a song (I took the tag off, but I think it was about $2-3). I just started working on a fun project for spring/Easter to place in the urn...



Seriously, prettiest little cookie jar ever! I was so excited to snatch this one up for a mere $3. I can imagine it in a sweet little Victorian sweet shoppe.



And this snazzy looking container, also $3. Yes, right now he's not the handsomest looking brass you've ever seen, but I'm thinking it's nothing that a little spray paint or gold leafing can't fix. I'm planning on using it in my guest bathroom to hold washcloths and some bubble bath - a little thank you/apology for having them sleep on the couch instead of a nice squishy bed (the guest room became my daughter's nursery a couple years ago).



There you have it - another fabulously frugal find, or three! Have you found anything you're really excited about lately? Do you have any fun ideas on what to do with the brass container?


Happy Thrifting!