Search

Say 'I Do' this Christmas!

Silver paper, silver satin ribbon, silver froo-froo package topper...*sigh*


*

Dearies, I'm so sorry it's been an entire week since I last posted. *sigh* It's been crazy 'round these parts! Plus, I don't know why, but I think I'm overthinking this blog thing. It's like, if it's not worthy of a magazine or uber famous blog with a bahzillion followers, I don't want to post it. I know, I know. That's not the point. So here goes...I'm just going to write about things I'm thinking about, fun projects I have in mind, and fun things I do to make my life lovely.

That said, I've been thinking about weddings lately. I've always loved the decor, the details, the dress...everything is always so beautiful and magical. Of course, magazines always make you think you should spend about five times more than you plan to, or should...but there's still something about throwing the ultimate fete that makes me so excited I just can't wait to start boxing up Jordan Almonds in the wedding colors! Okay, not really...but there are truly some great ideas out there, and with all this holiday party planning going on it's go me thinking about some beautiful tablescapes, cakes and desserts, lighting, party attire, locations, color schemes, and...and...and! So here are a few of my winter favorites that might even translate into a gorgeous holiday party idea!

*

Isn't this gorgeous? And so simple! I'm going to make my own this week with some chunky glitter, white glue, and some tumbleweed branches I've been saving, yes saving (thank you sweetie for not freaking out on my about that) for just such an occasion!
*
Wouldn't these be adorable place cards at a holiday party? Plus, they double as favors!


*
I saw these an thought they would be so easy and fun to make with some dollar store ornaments and tissue paper!


*
Fluffy winter-white confections would be great for an informal wedding or your own winter party (don't you love those mini candy canes?)

*
Seriously...if I were getting married again (to the same wonderful man, of course!) and were having a winter wedding, I would totally have this cake made for me. Pale aqua fondant? Yes, please!

*
These are such great little coasters! Great gift idea for a neighbor or office gift exchange!
*
Simply delectable chocolate bonbon-esque lollipops. I think I'm having visions of sugar plums already!

*
Well my friends, there are just a few of my favorite winter wedding ideas that would easily translate into a winter wonderland fete for anyone! Stay tuned for a super easy last minute gift idea that I promise will take you under a minute to make for your foodie friend, mother-in-law, or that neighbor-down-the-street-who-gave-you-a-gift-and-you-have-no-idea-what-she-likes-and-haven't-a-clue-what-to-give-her...you can thank me later!