Search

The BIG Move


WE'RE MOVING!

Okay, don't get too excited (I'm excited enough for all of us). I'm not moving quite yet, but soon! We just got approved for our first home loan after years of saving, paying off debt, raising our credit score, saving again, and finally! We're ready! Whoo-to-the-hoo!

Although we haven't found our dream house yet, and are still debating on the strong possibility of building a house, I've realized that brown-paper-packages-tied-up-with-string (or packing tape) are quickly encroaching upon my horizon. What does that mean? It means I immediately feel that I have about 70% too much stuff. Can't I just leave it all on the sidewalk for someone else? No? Fine!



So, rather than driving myself insane for 30 days or so once we close on a home, I'm going to start packing now. Yup. But before I can effectively do that, I really do need to get rid of some stuff and simplify as much as possible. 'Cause y'all know what happens after you move into your said dream home? The unpacking madness begins! Double ugh.

Let's have less to unpack, shall we?



"Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful." - William Morris

This is going to be my mantra for the next few months. No more in-come, more out-go, and constantly remember that "less is more".

*

Q: Anyone have any great ideas on how to get organized, what to yard sale vs. donate vs. consignment/ebay, or great ways to pack? I'm going be referencing a series of posts I created last year for organizing: The Five D's