Search

Mani Monday - Hang-Ten Toes + Fairy Dust


Definitely not my favorite mani ever, but I'm totally digging this polish. Who else loves the new China Glaze Summer 2012 collection? Me and Hang-Ten Toes, we're besties now.



Hang-Ten Toes is a bright, almost-but-not-quite neon, pink with a slight violet shimmer. Excellent formula, nearly covers in one coat, which is what you see here. If you were going to wear alone I would definitely sport two coats, but I originally thought I'd do a full zebra stamp over each nail so I didn't bother.



One coat of Hang-Ten Toes then a coat of China Glaze Fairy Dust to make it really sparkle. LOVE this discontinued top coat (thanks Amazon!) and I'm totally planning on pairing these micro sparkles with a deep burgundy red to mimic Picture Polish's Monroe.

Woe is me - I wish I could capture this gorgeous tiny sparkles in this polish. Look at the bottle and imagine that's what it really looks like on your nails. True story.



Stamping polishes: Wet n Wild Silver Foil and Konad special polish in black.
Stamping plates:





Please excuse the bubbles found especially on my middle finger. I had perfect application until my clear topcoat: Sally Hansen Invisible. It's a great, hard-wearing topcoat, but lately I'm finding that it always makes my mani bubble. Is it too hot in here?
...or is it just me? Ha!

Q: Favorite summer 2012 polish? Recommendations for a great, Big 3 or better (meaning without toxic chemicals Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP), Formaldehyde and Toluene) clear topcoat that works well with glitter?

Where to Buy: China Glaze Hang-Ten Toes - Amazon and fine beauty supply stores (Sally, Ulta, etc.); China Glaze Fairy Dust (discontinued) - Amazon, Ebay; Konad special polish Black - Amazon, konadnailart.com; Wet N Wild SilverFoil - Walmart, Walgreens, RiteAid, etc.