Search

Fabulously Frugal Finds | Winter Shopping Deals

There's no surprise that Black Friday and Cyber Monday store deals draw hundreds of millions of people to shop for bargains, grossing billions of dollars annually (yes, that's with a "B"), but did you know that there are some stores that really make shopping year round feel like you're getting a "Black Friday" deal?

One of my more recent discoveries has been Kohl's department stores.  I've seen them around for years, but we didn't have one near us when I was a kid doing back-to-school department store shopping, and I was more of a boutique store shopper in my twenties.  It's only been in the past few years when I rediscovered the convenience and variety found at stores like Kohl's (like online shopping, but in person - a revelation!), and I'm here to tell you, they make it real easy to want to keep going back for more!

I've been on the lookout for a few pretty sweaters (it got cold this year!) and some new jeans, so I wanted to share with you a few of my favorite things that I picked up just this last week that I know you're going to love!

First up, a handful of darling sweaters!  All of these cost me under $20 after discounts (not including Kohl's Cash) and they're all super soft, with just a little bit of stretch, and come in tons of colors!

THE GOODS




This one sold out in my size before I could snatch it, but I fully plan on getting it in pink as soon as it's back in stock!  I'm showing it here in Chic Mauve and Brick Heater (below).  They are perfect if you're taller and have long arms like me!




Here it is again but in a deep oxblood red.  I bought a medium, and it fits true to size, though it definitely isn't as long on me as it is on the model (I'm 5'9).  If you like your sweaters to be fitted, then I'd size down.




Here's another scoop neck sweater that comes in a large variety of colors.  Again, I love how long the sleeves are, and this one is a little bit thicker and extra soft!




This v-neck sweater fits me much shorter than this photo, but definitely still long enough, even on me.  The sleeves and length of this overall is quite a bit shorter on me (the sleeves don't quite cover my wrists - why does it look SO long on the model?), but that's fine if you're wearing a watch or bracelet. ;)  Again, it comes in a lot of colors, and I even ordered another one in a lovely holiday red.


THE DOWN-LOW ON THE DISCOUNTS


My favorite thing about Kohl's is the Kohl's Cash, for example: Purchase $50 worth of items and receive $10-15 in "Kohl's Cash" coupons to redeem on anything you want in the following weeks.  Yes, it keeps you coming back for more, but what I love about it is there are no gimmicks, no minimum purchases, and (get this!) you can use other sales and percentage discounts with the Cash!  It's a great system if you're a bargain shopper, and really, it makes shopping extra fun when you're figuring out how to stack all the amazing discounts!  Plus, the website is set up to easily add your Kohl's Cash (it's also stored in your online account) or discount codes.  They even list additional deals and discounts in your checkout, so be on the lookout in case you missed anything before you hit that purchase button!


I'll be sharing my favorite new jeans from my recent shopping trip very soon (if you follow me on Instagram, you may have caught my Stories singing their tummy control, stretchy, high waisted praises!).  They come in lots of colors, in bootcut and skinny silhouettes, AND in two different fits (aka. regular and curvy).  They're amazing!

**************************

What's your favorite place to shop for awesome deals on clothing?  Have you ever shopped at Kohl's before?  Do you usually forget to use your Kohl's Cash like I do? 😂