Search

Site Updates and Lunch

You may notice a few changes to the ol' blog-a-roo today.  New banner, new Favicon, larger content space...



...aaaaaand here's what I had for breakfast...

Old fashioned oats with unsweetened almond milk, chia seeds, Oghee (purified butter), fresh kiwi, strawberries, and blackberries with a drizzle of maple syrup.  Nom nom!

Yum.

I share this with you because it's a season of change!  Blog updates and body updates!  Time to move forward, look better, and feel better!  Blog changes and a healthier body are just two of the ways I look forward to enhancing my life this year (business changes, house improvements, and new schools are on the list, too!).

There will be a few more Bella Storia changes over the next little while - nothing drastic, but hopefully it will be more functional, (fancier), and more informative for all my fabulous readers!  I'm hoping to really get a grip on my branding this year and be able to move forward in a direction that I am truly proud of!

Next up:  Body (and what I had for lunch...)

Whole scrambled eggs with unsweetened almond milk, cilantro, onion powder, and pepper.  Half an avocado with pepper and a dash of salt.  Vanilla Greek yogurt with fresh blackberries.  16 oz. of filtered water in my cute Mason jar sipper.

Believe me, I know that I am very fortunate to be tall and able to eat whatever seems tasty at the time (thankfully I don't have a major sweet tooth...but give me some bread and whoa, boy!).  By no means am I "skinny", but even after two kids I'd like to think I'm doing fairly well.  What's not so good is that although I only weigh about 12 pounds more than I did before both children, I've lost buckets of muscle mass.  I'm definitely feeling what's referred to as "skinny fat".

Not looking my best is a major bummer, but what's even worse is not feeling my best.  You guys, I'm so, so tired.  All. The. Time.  Like, tired in a not normal way.  I know I have some health issues and medications that contribute to that (more on that another day), but it's gotten so bad that I know I need to make some changes:

No. 1 - Daily exercise (does laundry count?)
No. 2 - Drink more water...lots more
No. 3 - Eat whole foods (i.e. not more Fruity Pebbles...ok, eww.)
No. 4 - Take time for me (i.e. de-stress, wind down)

Ground breaking, I know.

Eat all the things!
via

I'm not out to find the newest celebrity diet plan, go on a crazy juice fast, become a bikini body builder, or even lose weight (cause we all know it's not about weight, but muscle vs. fat, right ladies?  Right?!), but I absolutely want to be healthier.  I absolutely want to be able to run a mile without feeling like I just met Damon Salvatore (gorgeous = out of breath - ha!).  I absolutely want to make sure my children are learning good eating habits.  I absolutely want to rid my body and home of as many preservatives and chemicals as possible.  Yuck!  And I absolutely want to start taking time out for myself to rejuvenate and de-stress.  Every gal needs a little girl time now and then!

Who's with me?!

Operation Eat (aka. Operation Get In Mah Belly; Operation Bikini Body; Operation Live Long and Prosper) starts...now!