Search

Vanna, Vanna Ba-na-na




Here's a part of Chloe's bed and a random Expedit (RIP) bookcase.  It's not strange to see them hanging out like this in our entryway, is it?

(Yes.  Yes it is.)




Oh look!  Chloe's is "Vanna-Whiting" more miscellaneous bunk bed beams.  They didn't linger there for long; straight downstairs to the unfinished basement they went for sanding and painting (we used a primer and paint in one).




Working on this awesome-sauce vintage Thomasville piece has taken a back seat to Chloe's bed and building shelving for the loft/office.  Also, who knew finding the perfect coral paint was actually really, really impossible?  Maybe I'm too picky, but everything we find is too peachy or pink or tangerine.  Why isn't there a perfect coral that looks good in my house?  Any suggestions?




We put out kids to work around here, and they love it!  Okay, Ryker hasn't really gotten in on the gig...yet.  But we suspect it's only a matter of time before he's wielding power tools, too.

In honor of our recent painting projects (soon to be revealed in their Frozen inspired room and loft and entry makeovers), I wanted to share a few fun DIY hacks and makeovers that revolve around some simple paint...


via

This door makes me crazy happy!  I mean, do YOU have a door this cheery in your house?  I'm thinking my house needs something like this...somewhere.


via

You know you've seen a few dozen Ikea hacks (love them!) around the web, but I love that this one is so simple, yet totally posh!  A little gold leaf that's understated yet totally lovely!


via

We've probably all had these at one time or another.  I know I have two that I typically use for photo shoots, but seriously?  How fun are these?!  Easy-peasy and completely doable in an afternoon.  Plus, there are so many color combinations that would look cool: teal and yellow, red and white, silver and plum, pastel yellow and pink, navy and emerald...


via

Got a worn out chair and some old lace?  Bam!  Fancy up all the things around your house with some spray paint and a doily or two


via

Okay, this is just plain cool.  It looks so spendy and West Elm-y!  Even with paint and supplies I'd bet you could manage this under $100.  This is totally in our DIY future.


via

Not all wood has to be painted!  Check out this spruced up side table/dresser that looks both crisp and warm!


via

If you know me, you know that I'm always a sucker for punchy pinks and corals.  This dresser had me at "Hello".  Originally a contender for Chloe's big girl room (we were heading in the coral pink and gold direction before she insisted on an Elsa/Frozen room) I'm thinking I still like this enough that I need to fit it in somewhere else...


via

Finally, who doesn't love a wall of beautiful, and useful, built-ins!  Before adding your ceramic animals and faux coral, personalize your shelving with a splash of paint.  Added bonus:  A darker colored background is an excellent stage for white wares and collections!

*********************

We'll be back soon with Chloe's bunk bed makeover!
P.S.  Guess what?  It's not a bunk bed anymore!  Stay tuned to see her new secret hideout!