Search

Mom to Mom Moment | No. 3 Less Stuff, More Living

Today we're mom-talking about simplicity.  As a parent, it is SO EASY to become overwhelmed by the calls for attention, sticky floors, piles of clothes, bins of toys, to-do lists, extracurricular activities...

...and although there's no getting around the, "Hey Mom, look at me!" kid calls, and you are finally at peace (mostly) with the realization that during this phase of life there is no such thing as a house without sticky doorknobs and smudges on around every corner, let me just say that whoever first coined the phrase,
"Less is More"

...was a seriously brilliant human being!


how to be a minimalist


Overwhelmed.  Stressed.  Anxious.  Exhausted.  Guilty.

Lately, the mom guilt has been real.  An accumulation of stuff has overwhelmed our garage, unfinished basement, the master suite, and every corner of our home...and our family is suffering.

Time with our kids is fleeting, and before you know it, they're more interested in playing video games or hanging with their friends then spending time with "mom."  But when there's so much work to be done, to toss, sort, and organize your stuff, well...we're prioritizing things over people.

Clutter comes in many forms.  Maybe it's extracurricular activities...extra weight...emotional baggage...negative relationships...and maybe it's just and old pile of papers on the dining table you're not sure what to do with.  But whatever form your clutter comes in, it's taking up precious physical and emotional space in your world, and ain't nobody got time for that!

"It's never too late to allow yourself a little grace."

I've been challenging myself to be brutal about what I REALLY need to hold onto, purging things I never thought I would, and including my kids in the process of de-hoarding our home and lives.  In the end, the moments I share with my family are the more important than the "someday" projects and boxes of holiday decor or craft supplies...and I believe it's never too late to allow yourself a little grace - your kids certainly do!

What will you let go of today in order to have more time for the things that matter most?

*Hugs & High Fives*
Holly