Search

Things to Do With Cookie Cutters

I just bought some cute valentine cookie cutters from Dollar Tree. Nearly broke the bank on this one, I did. ;) So I started thinking about all the things I could do with them besides the obvious cookie...


I love the idea of stamping tiny messages in pretty pastel soaps. A Martha-worthy tutorial for Valentine soaps is available at marthastewart.com.


I'm so doing this for breakfast! Split pancake batter and add red dye to one half. Make pancakes of each color and then use a large cookie cutter to cut out a heart shape and swap!


This idea is sure to be a hit with the kiddos: Freeze some red dyed milk in heart shaped ice cube trays or freeze a shallow batch of red milk in a deep cookie sheet. Let freeze, then cut out shapes. Add shapes to a glass of milk and, as the ice melts, it will turn your drink pink!


A tiny bit of red dye in the marshmallow batter makes rice krispy treats pink. Use a heart shaped cookie cutter and add a lollipop stick to make them extra special.


Show someone a little extra lunch lovin' with heart shaped fruit skewers. Add some pink yogurt for for extra dipping sweetness.


These are cookies, but I imagine the same could be done with thick fudge-y brownies, too! I'm a sucker for the lace design.


How do they do this?!?! Well, I'll tell ya. Make red Jell-O in your favorite flavah, let firm, cut out hearts with, you guessed it, a cookie cutter, arrange in rows on a baking pan, add sweetened condensed milk over top, and let set in the fridge.


I love using large cookie cutters for my daughter's sandwiches. I do this all the time for Chloe and let me tell you, I don't think she'd eat a sandwich any other way!


Okay, another cookie idea, but this was just too cute to pass up! Just use a bit of frosting as a "glue" to attach tiny baked cookie cut-outs to the main cookie for a great double-decker style!

Happy Valentine's Day!

{Image and tutorial links via}